From now through December 16, there are number of events and activities in Arlington Heights that are sure to get you into the holiday spirit.
Take a look at all the fun stuff happening around town and check back with Patch the week before Christmas to see a fresh list, full of even more holiday events and activities in Arlington Heights.
- Sleigh Rides Downtown. Thursday, December 6 and December 13 in Downtown Arlington Heights. Hop on a horse-drawn sleigh and take a ride to see the displays and lights at Harmony Park and North School Park. Rides are free, sleigh fits up to 10 people.
- A Call from the North Pole. Thursday, December 6 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. is the last day to receive a phone call from Santa or one of his elves. So if you signed up, remember to stay close to your phone. Call is free, registration is now closed.
- Breakfast with Santa. Saturday, December 8 at 9 a.m. at Twin Lakes Recreation Area in Palatine, 1200 Twin Lakes Drive. Cost is $12 per person, and will include breakfast, games, crafts and a visit with Santa.
- Pet Pictures with Santa. Saturday, December 8 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Knupper Nursery in Palatine, 1801 N. Rand Road. Free. For more information, call Knuppers at 847-359-1080.
- Holiday Tea Programs. Saturday, December 8 from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. and Sunday, December 9 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the historic Banta House , 514 N. Vail Avenue. Preregistration required.
- Lakeside Singers at Metropolis. Monday, December 10 from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. at Metropolis Performing Arts Centre, 111 W. Campbell Street. Find your style and enjoy a concert full of with traditional favorites and new holiday tunes. Tickets are $35, $25 for students and seniors.
- Build Holiday Cookie House. Friday, December 14 from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at the Historical Museum, 110 W. Fremont Street. All ages are welcome, just register online before the event. The cost is $20 for residents, $25 for nonresidents.
- Holiday Drop and Shop. Friday, December 14 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at
- Teddy Bear Tea. Saturday, December 15 at the Arlington Heights Historic Museum, 110 W. Fremont Street. A special tea for preschoolers, bring your favorite stuffed animal to enjoy crafts, games, song and tea. Boy and girls ages 3 to 5 are welcome, the cost is $15.
- Arlington Lakes Golf Club Holiday Celebration . Saturday, December 15 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Arlington Lakes Golf Club , 1211 S. New Wilke Road. No need to RSVP, just show up and enjoy free appetizers, drink specials, games and prizes.
- A Carpenters Christmas. Sunday, December 16 at 7:30 p.m. at Metropolis Performing Arts Centre, 111 W. Campbell Street. Tickets cost $25.