Originally called Williams Saloon, this building became the Union Hotel in the 1850's, and was located where Chase Bank stands today at 1 N. Dunton Avenue, near Campbell and Davis Street, according to Illinois Digital Archives (IDA).
During the hey dey of the hotel, Arlington Heights was actuallly named Dunton. Dunton Avenue was called Myrtle Avenue, and Davis Street was Railroad Avenue, according to IDA.
Local saloons were an important community gathering place during the 100 year existence of the building.
In addition to being a place for people to gather for social and political events, the hotel added a dance hall in the early 1900's.
The hotel also served as a boarding house for salesmen travelling by train from Chicago.
Information provided by Chronicle of a Prairie Town: Arlington Heights, Illinois and the Illinois Digital Archives.